Sunday 24 January 2016

Digital Media and the Cross

I'm starting to experiment a little with digital media in terms of communicating a message.  In a sense, Christians have a unique but also timeless message.  Perhaps Digital Media can be used to communicate that Message?  Not sure, but this blog is simply an experiment in that.  Thanks

God's Grace - Ustream
Ustream is an online live-streaming service that IBM recently purchased.  I suppose it would be in competition to Periscope.  Fortunately Ustream allows me to embed whereas Periscope is limited to cell phones (I think).  Anyways, I hope this works!





Live streaming video by Ustream







Here I'm going to try to embed a Vine.  Not sure if it will work.  I've seen Vine's embedded within Twitter, but not in a blog yet.






Well, It looks like Vine will embed too!  I like that a lot!  The world we live in makes a 6 sec message work for a lot of people.  In my opinion, I see it as the "comic" section in a classic newspaper.  3 frames - 1 funny story.

I gave a few other things a try, but the sound quality was poor (as it was for the Ustream video).  As a result, I won't be embedding a Youtube video this time, but I did want to try a podcast.  I'm going to try to upload my recording from my iphone QuickVoice app to soundcloud and then embed it here. Hopefully it works.  Again, sorry for the sound quality.


Yep, it seems to work!

Finally, there is an emerging story here that I won't get much into right now.  There was an announcement made in church that you could now use the ATM machine at the back to give your tithe's and offerings to God...I think this is "new" and perhaps could be "news"?  Theologically, it probably has some controversy, and in the larger secular population how do you think people will react to this?  Again, I'm not really trying to stir the pot as I think its an excellent and convenient idea, but perhaps that's because I'm a millennial and this is simply convenient.  Today, because the local restaurant debit machine was down I actually had to stop twice at a bank machine to get cash (which I NEVER try to use) in order to put in the church offering - no more hassles for me to give now which is what I want.  But anyways, here's a few pics and a news story that I'll try to submit to the Northern Pride newspaper will probably follow.

Thanks!



PS - Looks like I was wrong about Periscope - Here's the Link showing people how to do it.  Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment